The following may be observed in the normal language development of a one year old child:
- may express a complete thought with one syllable, for example "da" may mean "I want that"
- understands a few simple words
- uses a few simple words, 10-20 words by age two
- loves rhymes/nursery rhymes
- around 18 months language may begin to "explode"
- likes to make animal and object sounds/noises
- uses a few two word combinations such as "all gone"
- identifies a few body parts
For more detailed information, please contact me at the elementary school.